RIOT is a free image optimizer software, which can also be used as an image converter software. It supports single image conversion method, which means that a single supported image can be loaded and converted to a supported format for its conversion.
As this freeware is an image optimizer program, its basic function is to resize images without hampering the quality of the images to a greater extent. For this purpose, it has various image optimizing tools which can be accessed from Menu options, some of which are as following:
- Edit: Paste from Clipboard, Rotate left 90°, Rotate right 90°, Flip horizontally, Flip Vertically, Resample, etc.
- View: Actual size (1:1), Zoom In, Zoom Out, Dual View, Automatic preview, etc.
- Tools: Batch Optimizer, Compress to size, and Options.
Besides these, there are many shortcut buttons for their respective tools along with Mode, Batch, and Image Adjustments options displayed on the interface.
How to Convert Images Using RIOT:
As I discussed above, that Riot can convert a single image at a time and for this its Save As option or the Save buttons displayed at the interface are utilized. The steps for conversion are simple and easy to carry out and are as following:
Step 1: Open any supported image in RIOT.
Step 2: You can use its various featured image optimizing tools to optimize loaded image. The loaded image is displayed at the comparative preview panel of this freeware.
Step 3: The settings in Image adjustments along with image optimizer tools can be used as image conversion parameters also.
Step 4: Select the Output Format which are displayed below the preview panel for conversion.
Step 5: Click on Save button to open a new pop-up window. Here you just have to specify the Output Folder to store the converted image. You can also rename the image file if you need to.
Step 6: Click on Save button and your image will be converted to the selected output format.
The formats which are supported for conversion are just 3, which are: JPG, PNG, and GIF.
The list of image formats which can be opened in RIOT for optimization and conversion is a long one and comprises of: JJPG, JIF, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, PSD, ICO, TGA, TAR, MNG, JNG, JP2, PCD, PCX, WAP, WBMP, XBM, XPM, DDS, G3, KOA, IFF, LBM, PBM, PGM, PPM, RAS, and CUT.
My Opinion on RIOT as an Image Converter:
RIOT proves to very useful software both as an image optimizer and an image converter. Although, the list of image formats supported for conversion is short, still the conversion into them was successful. The unique thing with this freeware is its comparative preview panel, which displays the initial and optimized image preview. Also, its various tools and settings are supported to be used as image conversion parameters, which is just great.
I must say, for some peculiar conversion, RIOT is a free converter, that you can use definitely.
Write your Comment
- Best Free dng to psd Converter Software
- Best Free dng to tiff Converter Software
- Best Free dng to png Converter Software
- Best Free nef to bmp Converter Software
- Best Free nef to tiff Converter Software
- Best Free nef to psd Converter Software
- Best Free nef to png Converter Software
- Best Free cr2 to bmp Converter Software
- Best Free cr2 to tiff Converter Software
- Best Free cr2 to psd Converter Software