Phoxo is a free and lightweight image editor software and you can use it as an image converter software. It can convert single supported images to different formats at a time via single image conversion method. For image conversion, its Save As feature is cleverly used for the purpose.
As this free software is an image editor, it supports image editing tools, which can edit a loaded image. Its various Menu options constitute all these image editing tools and all of them are easily accessible with a click. Some of the mostly used tools of this freeware are as follows:
- Select: All, None, Invert, Border, Expand, Smooth, Shrink, and Crop.
- Image: Brightness/Contrast, Hue/Saturation, Color Tone, Glow, Size, Flip, Mirror, Soft Edge, etc.
- Effect: Art, Distort, Light, Color, Other, and Custom Filter.
- Tool: Create ASCII Painting, Open Material Folder, Batch Watermark, etc.
- Window: Common, Status, Tool, Layers, Effect Lib, Tile, Frame Lib, Options, and Cascading.
Besides all these, many shortcut buttons for their respective tools are displayed on the interface. Also, distinguished windows for Clip Art and Frame Lib are also shown.
How to Convert a Single Image With Phoxo:
As I stated above, Phoxo supports single image conversion method. For this, its Save As option is used and the steps for this purpose are explained in the following steps:
Step 1: Open any supported image file in Phoxo.
Step 2: Utilize its various featured image editing tools to edit the image or use them as image conversion parameters.
Step 3: After you are done with the above step, click on Save As option and a new pop-up window will open.
Step 4: Select the Output Format which is required for the image file to be converted into and also specify the output folder for storing the converted image.
Step 5: When all set, proceed with clicking on Save button and begin the conversion of the loaded image to the selected image format.
Aren’t these conversion steps simple enough for anyone to carry out?!
Phoxo maintains a different library of image formats for its Read and Write operations. The image formats which are supported for Read (Open) operation are: PSD, TGA, GIF, PNG, TIFF, ICO, OXO, BMP, and JPG.
For Write (Convert) operation the image formats supported are: JPG, TIFF, OXO, BMP, PNG, TIF, and GIF.
My Opinion on Phoxo as an Image Converter Software:
Phoxo, despite its small size, serves excellently both as an image editor and image converter software. The conversion steps were easy to carry out with no complexity at all. Although, the image formats were somewhat the same for both its Read and Write operations, but they can be combined for some rare image format combinations.
I will say, you can certainly use Phoxo for converting its supported image file formats.
Write your Comment
- Best Free dng to psd Converter Software
- Best Free dng to tiff Converter Software
- Best Free dng to png Converter Software
- Best Free nef to bmp Converter Software
- Best Free nef to tiff Converter Software
- Best Free nef to psd Converter Software
- Best Free nef to png Converter Software
- Best Free cr2 to bmp Converter Software
- Best Free cr2 to tiff Converter Software
- Best Free cr2 to psd Converter Software