Photivo is a free image editor software which can also be used as an image converter software. It supports single image conversion, which means that a single supported image can be converted at a time. Now, for conversion, the process involved is not a direct, rather a confusing one. One has to know that which options are to be used precisely.
As this is an image editor software, it can edit and modify an image using its image editing tools featured on the interface. Coming to its interface, which is somewhat typical to look at, and consists a Menu bar at the left along with other options and is kind of messed up to look at. Some of the tools under various Menu options are as follows:
- Camera: Input, Camera color space, Generic Corrections, White Balance, Demosaicing, and Highlight recovery.
- Local Edit: Various Spot tuning options.
- Geometry: Lens Parameters, Chromatic Abbretion, Vignetting, Lens Distortions, Defish, etc.
- RGB: Channel Mixer, Highlights, Exposure, Gamma Adjustment, Texture Contrast, Levels, etc.
- Lab Sharpen/Noise: Defringe, Detail Curve, Wiener Curve, View LAB, Unsharp Mask, etc.
- Lab EyeCandy: Outline, L*curve, a*b*curves, Tone,, Vignette, Hue Curve, Saturation Curve, etc.
- Eye Candy: Black and White, Tone 1, Tone 2, Cross Processing, Color Intensity, Softglow/Orton, etc.
- Output: RGB curve, Resize for Web, Wiener Sharpen, Output Parameters, Output Colorspace, etc.
Besides all these, there are various shortcut buttons and some other options for image editing scattered along the interface.
How to Convert an Image Using Photivo:
As I described above, you have to get familiar with the options to use them precisely for conversion. the steps for process are as following:
Step 1: Open any supported image file in Photivo by clicking Open File button under Camera menu.
Step 2: You can use various image editing tools featured in this freeware’s interface to edit an image or use them as image conversion parameters.
Step 3: Now, here comes the complex part, click Save Current Pipe button (second button from the manual option situated below the left panel of the interface). This will open a new pop-up window.
Step 4: Specify the Output Folder and for selection of image format, add extension of the Output Format at the end of the file name, like: filename.abc. Do note that by default, JPG is set as output format.
Step 5: Click on Save button and the image will be converted to the manually set Output Format and saved to the output folder.
For Read Operations (open), the image formats supported are: ARW,TIF, AWG, CR2, JPEG, CS1, BAY, JPG, TIFF, and CRW.
The image formats which are supported for conversion are: JPG ,PNG, PSD (tested).
My Opinion in Photivo as an Image Converter:
Photivo as an image converter can be used but only for some specific conversion. The conversion process being not straight forward, proves to be difficult. Also, the interface of this freeware is a bit complex to understand.
I will say, if there is no other good free software to be used for conversion task, then this freeware can be used.
Write your Comment
- Best Free dng to psd Converter Software
- Best Free dng to tiff Converter Software
- Best Free dng to png Converter Software
- Best Free nef to bmp Converter Software
- Best Free nef to tiff Converter Software
- Best Free nef to psd Converter Software
- Best Free nef to png Converter Software
- Best Free cr2 to bmp Converter Software
- Best Free cr2 to tiff Converter Software
- Best Free cr2 to psd Converter Software